Saturday, July 14, 2012

Back online....For now

Hey world. Did you think we fell off the face of the planet? I can't believe how long it has been. When I started this blog I had use of our van and drove into town just about every day to sit in the AC and use the computer. However shortly after that the hubs got a job that required a long commute, and since his beast of a truck got like no mileage at all, he started using the van. No more trips to town for me and the girls.
      So what has happened in the past year and a bit you ask. Well here's the very shortened version. Record breaking heat plus super prego mama and 2 little girls in a rustic cabin with no air conditioning and no way to go anywhere, plus no running water wasn't working out so well. Dave got better work, but it was a huge commute (70 miles each way) so with the cost of gas we were barely hanging in there. We made the very hard decision to leave our 20 acres and go rent a home that was closer to town and work, and way more comfy. I don't think I had ever appreciated a hot shower or a refrigerator more in my life. We stuck it out as long as we could, but eventually the cost of rent and the land payment became too much. With no other options we had to let the land go. I cried for days. Looking back I understand so much better why it had to happen this way, and truly feel that the Lord is directing our path, but at that point I was devastated.
      October finally came along and with it our darling baby boy. He is the sweetest baby ever. I can not imagine our family without him. The girls adore him too and love being helpful big sisters.
      Well the kids have decided that mom has had way too much time for herself. I will have to finish the rest of this update later. Stay tuned. The story does get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment